Thursday, January 27, 2011

January Socks

Most of you know, I am a very proud and excited member of Ravelry. If you are a crocheter, knitter, spinner or dyer, you really should join the sight. There are discussion boards from A-Z. I joined a board that challenges me to knit one pair of socks a month and I have finished the January socks.

I have knit this pattern before and posted about it here. So I thought they would be easy the second time around, are they didn't fail to deliver! I love these socks because they fit and they look good. They are not too plain and not too girly.

Here they are! The yarn is Austermann Step. I used 2.75mm KnitPick nickel dpns. They are my favorite sock needles. So worth every penny.
Here is another view of the pattern.
Here is a really good close up of the pattern. Can you tell I love these socks?? I also love Austermann Step yarn. It is so soft and the yarn seems to wear well for me. So there they are...first completed socks for the year 2011. I have eleven more to go! Feb pair will be cast on shortly after I finish what I am working on right now.

8 comments:

Cheryl in AZ said...

They look GREAT!! You are totally on your way. And all of this yarn is coming from stash.... right???

vlb5757 said...

Yup totally from the stash. Are you kidding? I could knit for three years from the sock yarn stash and not buy one skein! Not a problem. lol!

Paula said...

Those are wonderful!!
I love having a "stash" of fabric, too... I can always start digging until I find something I can use!

vlb5757 said...

Hey Paula-thanks for stopping by. My "stash" is out of control and that's why I am knitting from it so that I can get a grip on it. It's totally out of control!!

Ria said...

Yay new socks!!

vlb5757 said...

Ria, I was looking at your blog and sure have me beat on projects! My goodness are you ever busy. I am impressed.

Sharon said...

Two thumbs up!!

Milly said...

I love that pattern! And your right, Ravelry rocks!